2011年3月16日水曜日

ONE STORY…

I think everyone has heard by now about the disaster that has hit Japan. Just one thing after another. Largest earthquake in recorded Japanese history. Tsunami’s re-carving the shoreline. Nuclear reactor meltdowns. Radiation contamination. Volcanos erupting…It’s a massive disaster. Sometimes, we hear the horror stories but they almost feel too removed.

I am sharing my unique experience of it. My small story, which by comparison is not even bad, puts things in perspective of just how insane it is in Japan right now.

I was in the middle of my work, March 11, 2011 on the 13rd floor. When the floor started shaking, at first I thought it was just another Tokyo shake, but this was different, very intense, violent and long. My first reaction was to stand in the door way, but I realized this was a very powerful and strong quake.everyone had a look of fear and panic in their eyes, no one had ever experienced anything like it. Nothing prepares you for this experience, you feel absolutely helpless, tiny and insignificant. My heart was pounding, I honestly expected to see things start to fall, but thank god, there was no damage at all in our building, just fear and shock. It’s strange in way that we carried on working, but you really don’t know what to do other than to carry on. Obviously we where all watching the shocking images of the Tsunami hitting the north eastern coastal towns and we soon realized how lucky we had been in Tokyo. Tokyo workers walking home, even the most residential areas where packed with people walking home, the traffic on the streets was like nothing you’ve ever seen in Tokyo before. There’s been lots of aftershocks and each one gives you butterflies in your stomach.
Despite the above, I was more on the lucky side. Most people had to sleep on the building and you probably know what happened to people near the epicenter from the news. Makes you think if we're ever prepared for a natural disaster. But compared to what other poeple in Sendai people went through, I consider myslef lucky.

But from here, I can return to the regular scheduled programming of “This Is Your Life!” I didn’t even get a chance to finish blogging. Which was short but very eventful. Some highlights:


March 12, 2011


12日の公演、TOPファンサイト掲示板でも賛否両論ありましたが、1stショウ、2ndショウとも予定通り開催するということで世界最強のファンク・ユニット、Tower of Powerのド迫力ライブ行ってきました。




LOEWEのショーウィンドウディスプレーも、もう春ですね。


トルコ料理だそうな。

What a party!

みんなありあまるほどのエネルギーを発揮しています。ホーン・セクション、リズム・セクション、ヴォーカルがすべて強力なバンドは、ありそうでなかなか見つからないものです。乗ってもよし、聴きこんでもよし、踊ってもよし、一緒に歌ってもよし。どんな方法でも楽しめるのが、タワー・オブ・パワーの大きな魅力です。しかも彼らは、各セット、どんどん演目を入れ替えていきます。1セットとはいわず、2セット、3セットと通いつめても、決して期待を裏切られることはないはずです。これでもか!という感じで、すごかったです。



さすがに、毎回行っているライブ後のサイン会は自粛していましたが、一部メンバーは、ライブ後にサインや写真に応じてくれたりと、TOWER OF POWERの熱いライブを見れて、ちょっと元気になれました。

実際にオフステージでもRoccoと対面して写真撮影などをさせてもらいましたが、想像以上に小柄で手も小さいのには驚かされました。


ちなみに彼は、"Rocco(ロッコ)"の愛称で世界中のミュージシャンに敬愛されているファンク界の伝説的プレイヤーで、ガリガリの身体からは想像もつかない「太い」音を出す彼のプレーは大好きです。

Just simply the best! Will the funk ever end?

ラベル:

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]

<< ホーム