2009年11月15日日曜日

DYNAMIC DUOS.

November 8, 2009


This Fall, my younger brother, Shinta was (finally!) getting married to a really great lady (Tomoko) that I can finally approve of.

I had a great time. Not everything is seen here, but some highlights.


写真がありすぎて。数枚に凝縮します。

Contemporary Japanese weddings are celebrated in a great variety of ways. Many contain traditional Japanese and Western elements side by side.

Traditionally, the religious wedding ceremony is held in Shinto style at a shrine. Nowadays, this shrine may be located inside the hotel where the festivities take place. A Shinto priest conducts the ceremony, which is visited by only the close family members of the couple.

And of course, the whole reason for coming down here anyway! Shinta's wedding!

Again, congrats to Shinta and Tomoko...his was one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever been to do. Simple perfection.


In the ceremony, the couple is purified, drinks sake, and the groom reads the words of commitment. At the end of the ceremony, symbolic offerings are given to the kami. The couple is dressed in traditional kimono.




After the ceremony, the couple welcomes all the guests, and the reception party is held. Usually the party is visited by about 20 to 200 guests among whom are relatives, friends, co-workers and bosses of the bride and groom. The party normally starts with the introductions of the bride and groom.

Afterwards, a meal is held and several guests make contributions such as speeches, songs and the like. During the whole celebrations, the groom and especially the bride may change their dresses several times. At the very end of the party, the couple will make a speech to all the guests and thank everybody.






























Good speech.






I had a great time and met a lot of inspiring people. Some great pairs I had the pleasure of either meeting or catching up with.

ラベル:

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]

<< ホーム